Welcome 2020!

      Welcome 2020! Welcoming a new year is always exciting and new; like a journal that has crisp unblemished pages. I always feel prepared to make resolutions and set new goals for myself; I don’t always keep my resolutions and goals, but I do enjoy making them. Maybe setting a resolution for keeping my resolutions...what a novel idea.

      I’ve even talked with the kids about setting a goal and I think they are considering it. I gave a few suggestions and we talked about what goals were and which ones they could accomplish, so we will see.

      Isaac, our big FIRST grader, is one of the funniest boys around. He still has his own way of pronouncing various words, like “combvine” instead of combine and “facipier” instead of pacifier. He’s the cutest kid. He loves to play Minecraft and, for whatever reason, watch other kids play Minecraft on YouTube Kids. I don’t really understand that one. He also enjoys explaining things to us and can talk a blue streak if he’s chatting about a topic that interests him.

      Brooke is as funny and sassy as ever! She loves to dress up as Elsa or even raid my closet for clothes and heels to wear to be a “mommy.” Then she grabs her purse and tells me she’s going to work. She loves to do things with me; but at the same time, she pushes me and challenges me so very much. She is the most amazing daughter. I cannot believe how independent she is already.

      John Wesley is a little over a year old and just as opinionated as his big brother and big sister. He occasionally says “Mamamamam” when he wants me to cuddle him or when he is tired; other than that, he hasn’t started talking yet. He crawls, and doesn’t just crawl to his desired spot, he slams his hands down on the floor and books it. He doesn’t let anything stop him. He loves to play with things that aren’t toys (the trash can, drawers, spoons, etc) and would prefer those objects over his own toys. He also loves to play in Brooke’s room; he spent about thirty minutes this evening just sitting in front of her vet clinic and looking at everything in it. He also attempted to climb into it and put his foot in the cabinet, but you know...baby steps.

      These three are so amazing; we are so blessed by these three unique and awesome personalities. I love each child in each current season and I love to watch them discover and learn new things. I love to listen to their conversations with each other and watch them play; of course when Brooke and Isaac aren’t fighting and hitting each other. I also love to hear their observations about the world and listen to how innocent they are.

      Thank you Father for the blessings You have poured out into our lives. Thank You for these children.

Psalm 127:3 “Children are a heritage from the Lord, offspring a reward from him.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snow Day...Let's Play!

Happy Birthday Brooke!