Sweet Sixteen

Sixteen years ago, a classmate stopped me after our college English class to suggest we get together to revise our research papers, which were fast approaching their due date. We stood outside the Mary Cable Building, which isn't even standing anymore, on an afternoon in late September when he asked if I was free to "study." We decided to meet up two days later, after our next class, and go to my house. As we headed to our cars, I still remember telling him, "Just follow me. And just to let you know, I don't speed in school zones." I still don't speed...in school zones. 

I can't remember a single detail of our afternoon; except that we didn't get out our papers one single time. The evening ended with pizza and a walk around my apartment complex. Just after sundown, we stopped next to the pool.  He sat down and pulled me to him and he kissed me. This evening began a relationship that has lasted all this time. A little after two years after our date, he proposed (on Christmas Eve) and a little over 1 1/2 years after that we were married in Danville. 

We recently celebrated our 12th wedding anniversary; we now have two little ones: a four-year-old and a three-year-old that keep up on our toes. They are such sweet blessings that we are so thankful to God for them!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome 2020!

Snow Day...Let's Play!

Happy Birthday Brooke!